Having a website is an important part of marketing your business.
- establish a presence for your business 24/7, 365 days/year
- are your online brochure or catalog
- promote your services
- sell your products
- serve your customer immediately with the information they seek
- heighten public interest
- answer frequently asked questions
- allow feedback
- advertise employment information - recruiting packages
Once you've decided you need a website - how do you plan for one?
Consider the Big Picture:
- What is the goal of your website?
- short term
- long term
- Who is your target audience?
- How will your target audience find your website?
- How will you measure the effectiveness of your website?
- Who will maintain your website after the initial design process?
- What is your budget?
- What is your website timeline?
Here are a few helpful hints to get you organized:
- Make a list of five websites that have designs that are to-die-for (not content - just design)
- What do you like about each of those five sites? Navigation, Colors, Fonts, Videos etc.
- Make a list of three competitor's websites
- What services or products do you offer that are stronger than theirs?
- Make a list of five descriptive words you want people to think of when they see your site (conservative, traditional, modern, goth etc)
- Make a list of three strong words/phrases which your target audience will use to find your site
Now that you've thought about these important website concepts - what's next? Give OurWebmaster a call (541-247-0691). We'll guide you down the path of website development, design, and implementation.